Monday, March 25, 2013

Too little time...

Keeping up with this whole blog thing while still juggling work, school, and projects is harder than you think.  I'm no Stu Watson, and this is no Regarding Nature, but maybe it will be someday.  Last week was huge in terms of progress and expect this one to be even more productive.  Some of the major accomplishments of last week include taking tons of measurements, ordering lots of stuff, engineering things in my head, and spending my first night on the boat (and comfortably!).  I also created a binder with all of the important archival info I discovered right under my nose (and electronified it).  I don't consider myself a historian by any means, but when it comes to reading through hand written notes that are older than me detailing the exact specifications of a huge project I am standing in I get pretty excited.  Here's a little teaser:




 Here's another one that showcases the unabashed marketing techniques of the early 80's:



 And finally, my favorite collection of specifications in the form of formal correspondence between Henry and Metalmast Marine, Inc.:









 

 I plan to create a page on this blog with all of the documents I have so far, but now I need to get back to doing some homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment