Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Still so excited!

This weekend I met Henry, the original purchaser/designer/builder of the boat, and his wife Birgitta down in RI to take a look at the mast and just generally chat with them.  What amazing people.  They showed me the mast and rigging then invited me in for coffee and I ended up staying and chatting with them about life for a few hours.  When I left they even gave me the foul weather gear that they had originally purchased for the boat.  Henry is a mechanical engineer turned cardiologist and Birgitta is a professional singer.  They are such an inspiring couple.  So after speaking with them I was even more excited to work on Creeky.

Today me and my roommate Nikolas went to talk with a guy at Admiral's Hill Marina where I more or less finalized a deal on a slip for the summer before going to take some steering measurements on the boat.  After I did some crawling around under the cockpit and around the engine to get to the rudder post we were ready to head back out into the snowstorm.  As we were leaving I noticed 2 envelopes full of papers that I had somehow completely missed until now.  They just happened to contain original drawings, manuals, receipts, and everything else for the boat from the 80's.  JACKPOT!  Double excited at this point.

I hope to order some more parts tonight to get these projects moving along.  I am really looking forward to doing some serious work to get the boat out of the slip and into the harbor.  If anyone that is reading this cares to offer any suggestions I made a sort of project inventory list you can check out.  Pretty basic at this point, but I hope to update it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment