Monday, March 4, 2013

Blog entry number one

I've never really paid any attention to blogs.  I've read a few postings here and there when they've involved friends or a topic I'm interested in, but I have certainly never followed any.  I do so much dense academic and scientific reading for work and school that I have a hard time reading things that aren't published in peer reviewed journals.  So the fact that I am starting to write one now seems a bit ironic.  However, in the interest of self-improvement I have been meaning to start a journal of some sort for a while now.  Hopefully the blog format will satisfy that desire and posting will become routine enough for me to stick with it.

But how do I start things off?  Who am I writing to?  Do I write to whatever audience happens to create itself or do I write to myself and let the audience look in?

Dear Diary,

Today I started a blog...




4 comments:

  1. You can address all future posts to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good start. Before you move in I would recommend that you install a toilet that flushes. Just sayin'. Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has one functioning head and another to be installed

      Delete
  3. Brendan, If you keep up the good work then some day YOUR face could be on a tee shirt!

    ReplyDelete