Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Creeky moves to Chelsea

So I have had a very busy and productive past few weeks, but have not had a lot of down time.  With traveling for work, writing papers for class, and studying for finals (not to mention working on Creeky) I have had my hands pretty full.  I definitely have lots of updates to post, but they may need to wait until school settles down a bit.  Until then, here are some teasers:

Creeky leaves Constitution Marina with lots of help from Brian and my dad (Sebastian the Constitution Marina dock master pictured here with me) 

The extra windy and cold trip up the Mystic River to Admiral's Hill Marina in Chelsea, MA

Creeky's new home

I wish I could say she got there under her own power, but with the clock running out on the patience of Constitution Marina I ended up getting a tow.  Since I still haven't received my coast guard documentation and the boat isn't close to legal I think it was a good move.  We actually had to drive right through a state police boat training that would have probably racked up a few tickets had I not been in tow.  At least that part is done and I can focus on finals for another 2 weeks before shifting it back to Creeky.

Some of the wins along the way were getting the drive shaft run into the v-drive, getting the engine controls set up, and getting the steering mostly figured out.

Some of the challenges still being faced are ordering the steering cable too short and not realizing it until after cutting it in half (eff...) and the direction of thrust being backwards when the transmission is in forwards.  I need to snag some part numbers and serial numbers off of the transmission and v-drive to see what the issue is, but from the preliminary reading I have done it seems like it may be at least somewhat easy to fix.  There's a chance that my model of velvet-drive transmission may allow for being run in reverse full-time, but I doubt it, or at least don't want to risk it.  More details to come...  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment