Monday, April 8, 2013

Another step closer to getting Creeky on the move

This weekend was another good one in terms of headway.  Jesse and I got the exhaust fully installed, and a few of his boaty friends introduced me to Ward Marine over in Winthrop, MA.  Awesome!  I also got a bunch of new boat toys to play with in the near future, including a full propane detection and solenoid setup, some sweet LED lights, and some more West Systems epoxy.  Here are a few updates in pictures and videos:

The ridiculously large exhaust riser setup before installation:


The engine control lever box to go on the side of the steering pedestal



Brian helping me install the ludicrously priced Edson bulkhead steerer in the steering pedestal.


The Ural loaded up with the steering pedestal and the beginnings of what will be used to align the pull-pull conduit with the steering quadrant.


Here is a video of the wet exhaust system in action before we installed the flapper.

I also learned of another Creekmore 45 owner located a little further down the east coast in New Jersey.  His name is Tom and he started working on his boat "Cailte" back in 1989 and has been living aboard it since the 90's.  His story is an inspirational one.  He has already provided me with a ton of information on how his boat is set up and I look forward to hearing more about it soon.  




No comments:

Post a Comment